For control of Communicable Diseases:
- Eradication of Small pox, Guinea worm and Polio.
- Elimination of Leprosy and Yaws.
- Containment of diseases like Avian Influenza, H 1 N1, CCHF, Plague, Leptospirosis.
- Cholera, widely prevalent was brought under control through focused action.
- Public health burden of diseases like Malaria, trachoma, filarial, Kala-Azar got substantially reduced.
- Major initiatives began to control tuberculosis.
For control of Non Communicable Diseases:
- Integration of AYUSH with National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS) in 6 districts in the country, by combining contemporary medicine and our traditional health systems. Yoga is an integral part of these programmes.
- Pilot Intervention has been initiated for prevention and control of Rheumatic Fever / Rheumatic Heart Disease in 3 districts by NPCDCS in collaboration with Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakaram (RBSK).
- National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) has been established at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi and has been operationalized.
- Standard Treatment Guidelines for common conditions of 21 clinical specialties / super specialties have been prescribed.
- Minimum standards for clinical establishment, belonging to different categories of allopathic and AYUSH system of Medicine have been prepared.
- Revised Guidelines for Indian Public Health Standards for Government Health Care facilities were released in 2012
- Initiation of National Injury Surveillance, Trauma Registry and Capacity Building Centre at Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi
- Launch of National Program for Palliative Care (NPPC) as a new initiative.
- Revival of FRSL after the control and management was handed back by FSSAI.
- Developing strategy and strategic action plan for strengthening and re-orientation of All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata. The strengthening has been initiated.
- Development of Health Education Books (To be launched).
- Monthly Report of july 2017 53 Kb
- Monthly D.O Letter 21 Kb
Last Updated On 13/09/2017