The broad objectives of Directorate General of Health Services would be:
- To provide technical support to the Department of Health and Family Welfare for achieving Universal Health Care accessible to all citizens and to prioritize special groups..
- To facilitate transparency and maintenance of standards in Counselling for medical education
- To facilitate in prevention, mitigation and elimination/eradication of communicable diseases of public health importance including emerging and re-emerging diseases.
- To facilitate in prevention, mitigation, and containment of public health emergencies due to biological (including zoonotic), chemical, radiological and nuclear hazards in disaster situations.
- To promote healthy living and to facilitate prevention, early detection and management of non-communicable diseases.
- To ensure provision of state-of-the-art Emergency Care Services, including medical, surgical (especially Trauma and Burn Care), pediatric and obstetric emergency care for all.
- To provide technical support to address climate change issues impacting health.
- To lay down specific standards and norms for safety and quality assurance of all aspects of health care including Patient Safety, Hospital Acquired Infection and Antimicrobial Resistance development.
- To facilitate management of digital information related to health status of the population, health infrastructure and health Services.
- To comply with the provisions of International Health Regulations.
- To strengthen Regional Offices of Health & Family Welfare, for ensuring implementation of National Health Programs in the States, and liaison between the Centre and States for all activities related to Health.
- To promote and undertake Operational Research for better understanding and implementation of National Health Programs and other health Care activities.
Last Updated On 02/06/2021