Details of the identified Training Programmes
Management Development Programme on Financial Management in Govt. organisations with specific emphasis on budgetary control and procurement.
The objective of the programme is to equip the senior medical officers (primarily CHS officers) with essential financial management tools for efficient and effective disposal of their roles and responsibilities with specific emphasis on budgetary control and procurement.
Duration of the Programme:
The Programme has been designed for a period of 3 days (5 sessions of 90 minutes each) and cover the following topics:-
- Budgeting – structure and process and Budgetary Control
- General Financial rules and their applicability in hospital like institutions.
- Delegation of Financial Power Rules (DFPR).
- Overview of Hospital Procurement including types of purchases in Government Hospitals-Drugs-Medical Equipment and General Items purchase of proprietary items in Healthcare.
- Legal issues in Hospital Procurement supported by Court Judgements
- Tendering Process including e-Procurement, e-Inspection and e-Payment.
- Procurement as well as Stores Management- CVC Guidelines.
- Purchase of Generic Drugs vis-à-vis Branded Drugs.
- Contract Management.
- Cost Effectiveness vs Cost Benefit analysis in Hospital Purchases.
- Case Studies in Hospital Procurement including examples of successful and unsuccessful cases.
- Enhance level of awareness of GFR and DFPR.
- Gain insight into functional aspects of budgeting and appropriation of funds.
- Enhance understanding of purchase procedure in Govt.
- Exposure to Purchase and Stores Management.
Leadership Development Programme:
- Understand self to be better prepared for their leadership developmental journey.
- Comprehend the power of influence; and emotional intelligence Quotient (EQ) in the functioning of leadership.
- Relate to the traits and behaviours associated with leadership.
- Deal with the multiple stakeholders in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Gain a greater appreciation of resiliency and some practical notions of actually becoming more resilient.
- Emphasise understanding of programme content and ability to transfer and apply it in the public administration.
Duration of the Programme:
The Programme has been adopted from Training Division, DoPT as developed for a period of 3 days ( 5 sessions of 90 minutes each) and cover the following topics:
- Leader Role Models.
- Leader and Leadership.
- The ACS Model and Learning Curve,
- Introduction to the SBI Feedback.
- Case Study #1 Trek through Lahaul & Spiti.
- The DAC Model.
- Organisational Maze Experiential Activity.
- Leadership Inventory.
- Check in (Recap of Day-1)
- Influencing Tactics & Inventory.
- View Twelve Angry Men.
- Understanding stakeholders of a public administrator.
- Case Study #2 Allotment of home State land.
- Hollow Squares Experiential Activity.
- Resiliency Overview & Prep for Resiliency Presentations.
- Check in (Recap of Day-II)
- Resiliency presentations.
- Individual reflection and themes – not found in trainer note/check list.
- SBI Consolidation.
- Peer Feedback Session.
- Debrief on feedback.
- Envisioning- Exercise.
- Evaluation and closing remarks.
- Enhance self-awareness level.
- Increase personal leadership impact.
- Gain insight into leaders and leadership development.
- Enhance awareness on giving and receiving feedback as a developmental tool.
- Gain insights into personal preferences and learning styles.
- Develop a structured goal setting and action planning process for translating learning into sustainable development.
Last Updated On 29/06/2016